Monday, July 14, 2008

Change is gonna come...

I recently read a wonderful blog posted by artist Pamella Warden (check out her post at faithfolk.blogspot.com for more). It had so much insight about how God views our creativity but what really stood out to me at the time was "We grow in the valleys, it has been said, not on the bright mountaintops." For me this means that when we go through trials, actually go THROUGH them, not just let them happen to us as if we are powerless, we are CHANGED by the experience. I think it is ironic how I don't like change, but at the same time there are many things and ways about myself that I don't care for. God has promised HIS presence when we face TRIALS and said that we can have VICTORY over them. 'Trial' according to Rogets Thesaurus says is "A state of pain or anguish that tests one's resiliency and character." And then goes on to list these synonyms- each with their own set of meanings-
adversity, affliction, agony, analysis, anguish, attempt, CALVARY,case, contest, crucible, demonstration, endeavor, essay, evidence, examination, experiment, hardship, hearing, inquiry, misfortune, ordeal, pain, probation, proceedings, stab, struggle, suffering, test, trial, tribulation, trouble, try, visitation, woe.
By contrast, the word VICTORY is defined as "the ultimate and decisive superiority in ANY battle or contest". Some synonyms for Victory are:
achievement-final accomplishment of something noteworthy, after much effort and often in spite of obstacles and discouragements; flourish: bloom-a flourishing healthy condition; the time or period of greatest beauty. conquest, mastery, ovation, subjugation, success, superiority, supremacy, triumph-conquer, trophy, win.
The MESSAGE bible says in James 1:2- "Consider it a sheer gift, friends, when tests and challenges come at you from all sides. You know that under pressure, your faith-life is forced into the open and shows its true colors. So don't try to get out of anything prematurely. Let it do its work so you become mature and well-developed, not deficient in any way." And James 1:12 "Anyone who meets a testing challenge head-on and manages to stick it out is mighty fortunate. For such persons loyally in love with God, the reward is life and more life."
I have just started reading a book by Kathy Freston called "Quantum Wellness". I am just in the first chapter and it is interesting. Not being familiar with Kathy's spiritual lean I offer her insight only as an encouragement with the belief that whether she credits her insight to the Creator God or not, I believe all TRUE wisdom comes from GOD. I am encouraged by her example of what quantum wellness means in relation to change...that it is not instantaneous, but rather a succession of little movements towards the goal that affect a change. I believe that God desires for us to stay on the path ever towards HIM and I think if HE showed up right this minute, rather than drag our feet we would literally RUN to HIM without hesitation. But for now if we just keep up those little movements ever in HIS direction, under HIS direction towards the changes that HE has in store for us, HE will not disappoint. And remember- "Are you hurting? Pray. Do you feel great? Sing! Are you sick? Call the church leaders together to pray and anoint you with oil in the name of the Master. Believing-prayer will heal you, and Jesus will put you on your feet. And if you've sinned, you'll be forgiven--healed inside and out." James 5:13-15 The MESSAGE bible.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes mam! You sure had alot of Good news to share here...thanks so much.

Krissy said...

What a joy to find you on Jane's Blog. So wonderful to find people who mix art and faith together....after all, where did our art and abilities come from anyway? I absolutely adore your prayer rug. I think my jaw dropped a bit. I'll be checking back often!!
Cheers,
Krissy

LisaE said...

Thanks gals. Praise God for creativity and Kindred Spirits.

Krissy said...

Oh, how funny. I found your blog yesterday and fell in love and didn't even realize you had bought an ATC from me on ebay! Now I like you even more! (just kidding). Check my blog later on tonight. I have a cool story that happened to me today that I think you will appreciate.
Krissy

Pam Mattick Art and Stuff said...

Forgot to tell you that yes, it is more than ok to quote me. Thanks for the link too. Have I got you in my blog favs. If not, I'll do that tonight. Thank you for writing truth. I appreciate it when I see it.
Hugs,
Pam

Anonymous said...

Just read your blog on change, you might want to check out this great blog, it says alot about change has some creative people on there.
http://daughtersofz.typepad.com

LisaE said...

Dear anonymous,
Thank you for the link you left on my blog. It touched me deeply. What a great poem. In case you check back, who are you?
Bless you,
LisaE